Wednesday, March 2, 2011

a Heart in the Hershey's

God uses anything He desires to get our attention. I love the song by Mandisa...'God Speaking' - for me, it stands as a reminder of how much God loves me - and how He will go to great lengths of showing me. (if you've never heard the song, I HIGHLY recommend listening...call me, I'll let you borrow my copy on my IPOD!)

Here lately God has been showing me how much He loves me through hearts. Call me crazy - that's quite ok, I can take it. But I am a beloved child of the Living God and He's reminding me just how much He cares. (and I'm lovin' it)

I recently spoke on concepts in women's ministry at a wonderful church worker's conference in Rexford (KS). Throughout the trip (the whole weekend in Rexford) God gave me signs (little remembrances) the He was there with me & would give me what I needed to speak to the women attending my session. These seem to be coming through 'hearts.' While walking to dinner, as I passed something on the road - it turned out to be in the shape of a heart. Then, walking back from hearing the main speaker at a church - again something caught my eye, which was in the shape of a heart. Also, walking across the street to the location of my session - there on the street...a heart-shaped piece of tar in my path. Finally - walking down the street to where we were sleeping (a beautiful restored hotel) I spotted the water tower for the town of Rexford. (side note - I'll share my 'water' stories sometime with you...they're amazing examples of how God has spoken to me)

Well, fast forward two weeks and now I am back full-force into life...along with the usual ups & downs. The only difference is trying to keep my eyes, heart & mind open for those signs. That's when just this morning God surprised me with some more examples of His love. While walking with a sweet friend through the streets of our tiny town (5:45am) I noticed at least two hearts. I just had to say openly "Wow, look a heart!" At some point God is going to give me a way to talk to my friend about Him...the REALness of Him.
Once home it was time to get my daughter up & prepare for school. Her request was a strawberry toaster strudel & warm, chocolate milk. I decided to use the can of Hershey's syrup in our pantry, which I grabbed. I opened the plastic lid and began to pour. What to my wandering eyes should appear? A heart! One of the openings (which I used a bottle opener) was in a perfect shape of a heart. I've shared with my daughter that God speaks to us in SO many ways...we just need to keep our eyes open and looking. It sure was fun to share the Heart in the Hershey's with her today!

Now you cannot convince me that's not God speaking! When my eyes fall at just the exact moment on somthing that is so crystal clear...that is Him. (I've even called on others to confirm to me what they see - and it's always the same: hearts.)

Keep your eyes, mind & your heart wide open to Him...He's speaking now. Look for Him - He's trying to show you how much He's in love with you.

MAY THE LORD DIRECT YOUR HEARTS TO THE LOVE OF GOD AND TO THE STEADFASTNESS OF CHRIST. (2 Thessalonians 3:1)

keep the faith, sweet friend
~ love, karen

No comments:

Post a Comment