Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mark it on the Mirror

Have you ever wanted to remember something so much that you end up writing it down somewhere...and then lose the piece of scratch paper you wrote it on? Or, perhaps like me, have several (hundred) little post-it notes, pieces of torn envelope or notebook paper corners that have hen scratchings with words of wisdom that I've read somewhere - devotionals, scriptures, emails, self-help books. Many of which are taped in places that I hope to remember to look at each day & take the time to read. Hey, I've even got three taped to the little lampshade on my writing table in front of me!
Sad news is...I really don't take the time - daily - to glance these over. So what happens is...they end up adding to the clutter around me. Man..if I could take a glance into my brain...it's probably COVERED UP with clutter, too!

I think I may have found a simple way of getting words of wisdom to 'sink in'. (I'll have to give my hubby some credit here.) I've a dry erase marker that I keep in my bathroom - close to my sink/mirror. At any given minute - if I run across a scripture that hits my heart in a particular way...all I have to do is (you guessed it) write it on the mirror. I have a couple that have been written there for going on three years now. They have truly seen me through some TOUGH, TOUGH times. It seems when I'm in the midst of 'life-strife' and want to be alone for a little while...I end up in my little corner-of-the-world (bathroom) and God reminds me that He is there in the middle of the muck with me. Perfect timing for seeing the Perfect Truth from a Perfect God! It never fails to be encouraging and I usually leave that little 'corner' uplifted & ready to face the giant(s) again.

Even my eight-year old has caught on. Just the other day I found a big LOVE note hand written by her - covering the little space that I leave open for hair & makeup. PRICELESS.

I encourage you to give it a try. (It also works for leaving sweet notes & scripture to family members on their mirrors, too!)

one of the two on my mirror now:
HE GIVES STRENGTH TO THE WEARY & INCREASES THE POWER OF THE WEAK. (Isaiah 40:29)

keep the faith, sweet friend
~love, karen

No comments:

Post a Comment