Sunday, September 19, 2010

Spiritual warfare!

It's real. Be strong & courageous. Be prepared. Put on the complete armor of God - and stand ready. Take no prisoners.
Michael heads up the Africa Mission Team that will leave in just a couple weeks. (October 4th to be exact). I know God plans to do mighty things with his MIGHTY HAND becuase satan's attack has continued to grow. Emotions are raw - communication is fried - and we all grow weary. "PLEASE, GOD, SEND IN THE TROOPS, THE BACK-UP. THANK YOU, FATHER."
We'll get through this because Our God is an Awesome, Mighty God who has already defeated the darkness & we already know the end of the story! We have nothing to fear when we realize God is on our side - and has our back.

The hard part for me is just hanging on...sometimes I feel my lifeline growing weak - and I think it'd be easier to just let go. But that's not in the plan, I know, so I pray and God brings about a peace in my existence that translates a calm...and reminder that He's in charge.

I remember hearing something (I think at a women's conference) once. It was a perfect visual for me. Here it is...picutre this...two hands and arms - up to the the elbow. In the first frame: both hands are tightly grasped holding on to each other's arms (one being the hand of Jesus - the other being, mine). Second frame: one hand loosing grasp & letting go (mine) while the other (Jesus') continues to hold tight - not letting go.
That's one facet of who Jesus is for me - the One who's not going to let go of me...no matter what.

THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION; WHOM SHALL I FEAR? THE LORD IS THE STRENGTH OF MY LIFE; OF WHOM SHALL I BE AFRAID? (Psalm 27:1)

keep the faith, dear friend.
~love, karen

No comments:

Post a Comment