Sunday, September 26, 2010

Welcoming the night...

Ahhhh...there's nothing quite like a long bath in the quiet of the evening! It's been a busy, but wonderful, weekend in the lives of the klumpps is kansas. There's been so much that has happened - I can't even remember Friday night! I know it involved baking & decorating cookies!!! (3 dozen 'crabbies' - no, not from the world of Sponge Bob - but for a good friend & fellow church member attending a fellowship of friends. Check out the pics on my facebook account.)

The TV is on and I'm half-way listening to a show about two outdoorsmen trying to survive the great outdoors. They're talking about being 'connected'...and it has me pondering...what about being connected? What is being connected? Connected to my Creator? Connected to my husband? Connected to my family? (children, parents, siblings) Wow...that's alot of connections. And to be truthful & transparent...I'm not very good with connections. In fact, I'm pretty disconnected when it comes to relationships. This has led me to begin an internal investigation on relationships and why I'm so bad with them. My investigation begins with thinking about my Creator. HE's the Author of relationships. HE's perfect with relationships...and He's going to help me understand 'me' and get better at it. I will trust HIM because HE loves me.
(Thank you, Stephen Fryrear - San Antonio, TX - and beautiful wife, Carleigh...for reminding me this weekend just how much "God Loves Me." I will forever be singing your song.)

FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD - HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. THAT WHOSOEVER WOULD BELIEVE IN HIM WOULD NOT PERISH...BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. (John 3:16)

keep the faith, dear friend.
~karen

No comments:

Post a Comment