Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tired...

Goodness, gracious! Has it been this long since my last 'confession' (aka: blog)?? Guess life has been SO busy since. Let me think...hmmm...school started...girl scouts is starting...Crusader Kid club (after-school program at our church)...cookie baking & decorating...hubby preparing for Kenya mission trip (in Oct)...walking 6 mornings a week/3 miles each day with good girl-friends...and of course, work. Yep, I'm busy.
Ok, now about that title "Tired..." I'm finding that if I slow down for even just a minute - I'm more tired than if I'd not slowed at all. Why do you suppose that is? Maybe I'm on that circular wheel, like the hamster we used to have...round & round...never ceasing...until the very breath is choked out and I lay motionless on the cage floor. (Yikes!)
But all these are 'good, worthwhile' things in my life! How do I decipher which ones to weed out & which to keep? I think I know the answer - take it to 'the Man Upstairs.'
As much as I have been LOVING the cookie baking/decorating - I keep asking/praying - O God, is this of me? Or is this of You? Help me to know. I want nothing that isn't glorifying You. Then I guess I need to ask myself the question...is it adding to or taking away from my family? Ask my husband and the answer has been different on any given day. While I know in my heart he is trying to be supportive ~ I also see with my eyes that sometimes he feels neglected, that my emphasis (and time) is being spent in the kitchen and not with him. (Ouch) So I take my concerns (you guessed it)...back to my Father...because "HE Knows Best." (And I try to carve out a little time for my wonderful husband...like when I stopped baking to rub his tired, hurting feet with some really good eucalyptus oil we have).
Where I've found peace is knowing He is in complete control of me (and my surroundings)...and His timing is Perfect. He loves me beyond understanding and will guide my very steps ~ all I have to do is listen to His Voice (be still and know...), do what He says do (be obedient to ONLY Him), and TRUST.
"Thank you, Abba...Father...Daddy"
Now all I need is my pillow, blanket & a good 'chick-flick'...

"COME TO ME, ALL YOU WHO ARE WEARY AND BURDENED, AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST. (Matthew 11:28)

keep the faith, dear friend.
~love, karen

No comments:

Post a Comment