Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 1

So much for the creative title of my very first posting here. I am almost 50...a mother of seven (blended family..he had four...I had two...together we had one)...and a Pastor's wife.

I can remember l-o-n-g ago, as a little girl, wanting so badly to one day become a pastor's wife. It must have started with one of my best friends, Lolly. She was the last daughter of three girls to our minister at church. Her family was the epitome of happiness. Lolly's mom could do anything! All of the girls in our neighborhood wanted to have her as a mom, live with her mom...and one day become like...her mom. "J" made clothes for her girls, cooked & baked the most AMAZING meals, cookies, pies. She had a tiny closet space underneath the staircase where her sweet little sewing machine was neatly tucked away. I can recall seeing her sitting & sewing a new outfit for Lolly or one of her older sisters...and longing for her to make one for me. She even made special 'slings' when Lolly fell from a treehouse & broke both of her arms...they matched her clothes! I can remember even wanting to break an arm - just to have a special-made sling!!! (How silly is that?)

(Please don't get me wrong - I have a wonderful mom. She is a gifted seamstress too, who (like "J") could see it today & copy it for me to wear by tomorrow. I love my mom - she means the world to me. But my childhood - like EVERYONE else I've learned as an adult - was in no way perfect.)

A reality that has come to me as an adult...even for pastor's wives...life is imperfect..and there's never going to be perfection & true happiness until our Savior, Jesus Christ returns in His Glory to take us home where we belong.

***One thing I promise to do in this blog is be perfectly transparent & honest...even if it means exposing parts of me that may be hard to write. That is one thing my husband, the pastor, has taught me as a "PW"...that through my transparency I may make the difference for someone out there who needs the love of Christ. Michael (the pastor/husband) is VERY transparent - and we've had more than one person explain that our open hearts laid bare before them along with our honesty have helped them beyond measure.
It is not my intent to harm/hurt anyone that I love - so the transparency will be completely about me & my life.***

So - that's it...my first blog about living my life as a Pastor's Wife. I hope you'll return again...and even better, I hope you'll write me. I'd like the opportunity to meet you, learn a little about you...share in your journey, as you share with me in mine. I'll pray for you, too..just ask.

AND WE KNOW THAT GOD CAUSES EVERYTHING TO WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE WHO LOVE GOD AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE. ~Romans 8:28

Keep the faith, dear friend.
~love, karen

No comments:

Post a Comment