Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 2

Good-morning to all,

A friend/neighbor from my days in southwest TX once said she lived in a fishbowl because she had no window treatments on her windows. While I thought that odd then...I've become pretty wise about now. It seems there are many pastor's wives out there who feel their lives are just that - out there for all in the congregation to view. Even though that may sound a little unnerving for some...I also learned a long time ago from the pastor (husband)..it is necessary to live transparently so that those who need the TRUTH can see it in our example. Jesus didn't come to save the perfect...He didn't eat/dwell among the rich & famous (or those that have perfect houses, perfect hair, perfect clothes & perfect children). Trust me, I've been there..striving to be the perfect wife, mom, teacher/librarian, choir member, VBS director...the list goes on & on. Only when I was 38 years old, on my knees, in a failed marriage with two elementary-aged children, lost & alone..feeling like a failure as a human being did I realize I could never acheive perfection..and it didn't matter because my Redeemer loved me no matter what I'd done, how I looked or what was in my bank account. Wow..that was pretty powerful for me. I didn't have to 'look the part' anymore. Funny thing was - I'd lived a lie for so long..I didn't even know who I was. A very dear & trusted Pastor at that time gave me wisdom beyond measure. He said, "Go, find out who you are in Christ. Only then will you know y-o-u and true LOVE."

If you were/are like me ~ lost & alone trying to acheive perfection by our human standard..and feeling like a total failure...I implore you...look for Him. He's there..and waiting with a total love you'll NEVER find on earth. I found it...late one rainy night..in a little apartment in Austin, TX..at precisely 12:34am. (But that's another story for some other day.)

I HAVE BEEN CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST; AND IT IS NO LONGER I WHO LIVE, BUT CHRIST LIVES IN ME; AND THE LIFE WHICH I NOW LIVE IN THE FLESH I LIVE BY FAITH IN THE SON OF GOD, WHO LOVED ME AND GAVE HIMSELF UP FOR ME. (Galatians 2:20)

Keep the faith, dear friend.
~love, karen

No comments:

Post a Comment