Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 4

Well...I've got a 'whopper' of a confession. I got a REALLY big dose of sugar-sweetness this morning as I read some bio's of females that have (probably) highly successful blogs. Don't get me wrong - I'm so happy they are reaching out and helping many with their words. What rubs me is the "sugary-ness" that most of these women have near-perfect lives...they've married their high-school sweetheart, they have at least 3 kids, almost all of them homeschool their children (which I truly commend them for this, as I tried, loved it...but life happens and it was necessary for me to return to work)...they have time to blog beautiful posts as well as keep immaculate houses. Well, I'm left sitting here feeling like such a failure. I can't compete with that. My high-school sweetheart and I divorced just two weeks shy of our fifteenth wedding anniversary - both of us broken and lost...we didn't have an opportunity to homeschool...and don't get me started on my housekeeping/cooking skills. My husband now, who is a wonderful/gifted pastor, whom I adore - just last night commented about my inabilities to keep a clean house or cook an entire meal...at least one that doesn't consist of a box, dry noodles, milk and packet of sauce/spices and some ground hamburger meat.

So - where do I go from here? I go straight UP...that's where. First, with a confession that I'm probably jealous of these near-perfect women...and second, to ask God to continue blessing each one of them with the ministries they've been led into...and third, to thank HIM for making me who I am, because He can still find a way to use this "MESS - called ME" where He's chosen to plant me..right now, at work.

BE JOYFUL ALWAYS; PRAY CONTINUALLY; GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

keep the faith, dear friend.
~love, karen

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Keep it up. You inspire me with your transparency. Love you, girl! --Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, sweet friend. i'm going to continue trying to be as transparent as possible without hurting anyone.
    i'm gonna go reading on your blogs...can't wait!
    love ya, back!

    ReplyDelete