Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Freedom.

It is for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
I must say I've not really understood this scripture...ever. I am, however, beginning to see/taste/comprehend the true freedom in Christ.
I can be under the yoke of slavery in just about anything. A slave to work...a slave to food...a slave to shopping (yeah, baby!)...a slave to responsibility.
The truth is - as my dear, sweet & wise husband likes to say - 50 years from now we'll all be dead - and the things of this world won't matter a bit. (We need to be about the business of loving others, sacrificing for others, speaking the hope that is within us - freely & LOUDLY (if need be).
When one comes into an understanding of freedom in Christ - wow - how freeing that alone is. Knowing I will not be condemned to die in my sin - but instead to live out my existence in eternity in freedom & being in the presence of The King. (mindboggling, ain't it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment