Sunday, February 13, 2011

I wonder...

The other day I had some time on my hands...waiting for my youngest child to come bouncing (from a day at school) out to our car waiting in line. (I was one of the lucky ones today ~ got there early enough to grab one of the last parking spaces next to the curb. That way I didn't have to continue circling the school..waiting on a new spot to appear, once another car pulled away).

Anyway - I was wondering about what people think when it comes to pastor's wives. Do the 'normal folks' out there suppose a pastor's wife is "untouchable" when it comes to suffering, heartache, temptation & the likes? Just because a pastor's wife is...married to a pastor - do you suppose people think she's in a 'safety bubble?'

I used to have that misconception. (and believe me...IT IS A MISCONCEPTION!) I'm beginning to understand that satan will stop at nothing to hurt anyone. (...the thief comes to steal, kill, destroy...John 10:10). And guess what...if he can't seem to shake a man of God to the core ~ he's going to go after what the pastor holds dear to his heart...his family.

Growing up - one of my sweetest, closest friends(BFF) lived a couple blocks away. Her daddy was our pastor and I was always so envious of them...their home, their family, their mom, their dad's position. I grew up (secretly) wanting to be a pastor's wife because I saw (on the outside) what looked like 'the perfect life.' And I thought it was all because of his job. What I came to learn MUCH later in life is...there isn't any such job, home or family this side of heaven that's not without troubles. (I was heartbroken to hear her family had broken apart shortly after graduation and later they divorced.)

Statistics are fun, aren't they? - on your left (the "married" column) and on the right (the "divorced" group). Did you ever stop and consider you are a statistic? If you're married - your life will become a statistic. Which side do you want to be on at the end of your life? Do you want to add to the numbers on the left or the right? That's what started my pondering today. Because whether married to someone in ministry or not, you've still got to fight like heck to make it work.
And you can bet your paycheck that satan is lurking in the shadows ready to pounce. He knows every weak spot, every vulnerable area of your life (perhaps even better than you)...and he's after you. He won't stop. He will continue to try to wear you down & make you weak enough to give up. Trust me on this one. I just came through a really tough fight and a little tattered from the battle. One important thing I totally forgot while knee-deep in the trenches...Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world(1 John 4:4). Satan's going to throw his darts; but I can be smarter and deflect those darts if I remember to run to my God ~ Who can protect me and help me in times of danger. Now that's a promise I can take to the bank!

YOU HAVE DELIVERED ME FROM THE EVILS OF THIS WORLD, FOR IT IS YOUR WILL. (Gal 1:4)
keep the faith, sweet friend
~love, karen

No comments:

Post a Comment