Thursday, February 3, 2011

Some nights are just like that...

I guess I'm finally awake. I really can't feel anything. Up AT LEAST four times in the night with a daughter's fever, clogged nose & nightmares. Funny thing...she's now in dad's recliner - watching television, playing a game on a computer with TV remote & hot tea by her side...totally content and seemingly rested. (Mom is the one that's a mess.) That's ok. In fact, I'm lovin' it. That's what motherhood is all about and I'm receiving the blessings of being able to be home with my beautiful daughter. (May I interject here a big THANK YOU to my wonderful hubby, Michael, who's hard at work making ends meet so that I can have this desire of my heart!!!)

Motherhood - the selfless act of loving a little resemblence of yourself (sometimes the good, the bad and yes...even the ugly). Signing up for sleepless nights, dusty shelves & dirty floors, worries when sickness comes, dishes always in the sink, clothing with stains (of milk, food, blood & vomit...to name a few), and TV dinners on the fly unless Papa Bear is cooking (THANKS honey/hubby - you're the BEST cook on the PLANET). I make the best fish stick TV dinner, by the way...just ask anyone in our church.

God programmed the female to have all the right wires to be the nurturing partner and perfect mother to offspring. Sometimes in the midst of the journey and the trenches of the daily grind...I forget that. I let it slip from my mind that God entrusted Justin, Jordan, Brady, Jennifer, Ian, Paige, Nico along with Jeffrey & Natolie into my care and holds me accountable for their well being while IN my care. (Ouch) I also know He is a Loving, Soverign God that knows my imperfections and will assist me in this monumental task if I'll just humble myself and ask Him. (That can be the easy part if I'll just remember to.)
He has answers to ALL of life's questions - all I need to do is spend T-I-M-E with Him and listen. So I offer a prayer up for myself (aka: Mom) and any others out there that are in need today...
Father, Thank You for Who You are (the Great I AM). Thank You that You have ALL the answers and all that is needed of me is to come to You, sit with You, sing my Praises to You, and ask for help. Forgive me when I forget. Please help me today because I am tired and may lash out at those I hold dearest to my heart.
I love You. -Amen-

YET THOSE WHO WAIT FOR THE LORD WILL GAIN NEW STRENGTH; THEY WILL MOUNT UP WITH WINGS LIKE EAGLES, THEY WILL RUN AND NOT GET TIRED, THEY WILL WALK AND NOT BECOME WEARY. (Isaiah 40:31)

keep the faith, sweet friend
~love, karen

No comments:

Post a Comment