Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A New Year Resolution...in February!

Today was a good day.
I know life is full of good days...and bad. It's learning to accentuate the positives...be optimistic...look on the bright side. It's having an attitude of gratitude. That's what I'm going to do this year...I guess you might say it's my first New Year's resolution. (Funny - it's only taken me a month to come up with one!)

I ran across something in a devotional recently that I think bears repeating. The Bible says: "Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think." (Change always begins in your mind! The way you think determines the way you feel, and the way you feel determines the way you act. You ask..."How can I change the way I think?" By programming your mind each day with God's Word.)
DO NOT BE CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD, BUT BE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, SO THAT YOU MAY PROVE WHAT THE WILL OF GOD IS, THAT WHICH IS GOOD & ACCEPTABLE AND PERFECT. (Romans 12:2)

I know it will take some willpower to start each day with this (new) attitude of gratitude. But with God's help...I'll get there!

BECAUSE YOUR LOVINGKINDNESS IS BETTER THAN LIFE, MY LIPS WILL PRAISE YOU.
(Psalms 63:3)

keep the faith, sweet friend
~love, karen

No comments:

Post a Comment